Technology giant Microsoft has named India-born top executive Satya Nadella as new chief executive officer, capping the five-month search for present CEO Steve Ballmer's replacement. Given below are some interesting facts you should know about Satya Nadella:
1. Hyderabad-born Satya Nadella, 47,
attended Hyderabad Public School in
Begumpet before getting a Bachelor of
Engineering in Electronics and
Communication from the Manipal University.
2. After moving to the US, Nadella earned
Master of Science degree in Computer Science from the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. He also completed Master of Business Administration from the University of Chicago.
3. Nadella has been with Microsoft since 1992. During his long tenure with the company, he also held a key responsibility at Bing, and although Bing has never been Microsoft's crown jewel, Nadella helped it grow.
4. Nadella has played a key role in bringing some of Microsoft's most popular technologies, like its database, Windows server and developer tools, to the cloud, called Azure.
5. Nadella also helped Microsoft bring a cloud version of Microsoft Office to the cloud, Office 365. Microsoft says Office 365 one of its fastest growing products ever.
6. Prior to Microsoft, Nadella worked at Sun Microsystems, now owned by Oracle.
7. Nadella, if he emerges as the chosen one, would be only the third CEO in Microsoft's 38-year history after Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer.
8. The appointment would be a significant achievement for Nadella, who would join a proud circle of India-origin executives helming top global companies.
Source: Times of India